Saturday, May 07, 2011

6th May, 2011 - This is not a religious post

Today, thanks to my senior, as he brought me out to hunt for lunch and a little tour around Checheng county.

Ok, I know I look kinda silly with this helmet...
And why I say this is not a religious post is because the pictures below. Most of them are taken in an Taoist temple which is pretty famous there. That's a local 土地公 temple but it is damn huge (5 storey)! According to my senior, normally 土地公 temple is quite small as it only a representative of the city/county itself.

On the way from NMMBA to Checheng...Let's get on the bike!

Hot Spring in such a weather???
This is the gateway to the temple(Taken from the temple side)
P/S: This is really not a religious post...

They have indoor scooterpark for the scooters!!
Stage for performances



I was told that people buy themselves a place(the small boxes) so that they will be protected by the god..
Sorry, I don't believe this...

Prayers

Decoration on the ceiling...



Deco again... I wonder how much they spent for all these?

According to my birth year, I was told by my senior my 'protector' is General Zhao
This is that General... Some people put money in the drawer as offering to them for protection...

The altar..






Those sculpture need to be protected from visitors' damage.. >.<
Back to my lunch...
Taaddaa...
AND
And famous ice kacang (Something like that) from this area..
This is it!
Taiwan Food News

No comments: