Friday, October 31, 2008

I want holidays!! A real holiday after my finals!!

I want holidays badly... have been cracking my brain to absorb all the facts...Yet, looks like they still resist to enter my brain...haiz...Looking back the pictures from my last field trip, how wish I can enjoy a lot a lot during this coming holidays.. recharge myself, push me even harder in my coming new semester...


This picture was taken by En. Wan Lofti, my invertebrate marine fauna lecturer...

I shall share some interesting pictures I have received via email too. Thanks for sharing the pictures!


Hmmm..wondering what are they??


Look closer...


And closer...yes..they are Golden rays... Gather around and start their migration journey...
Measuring up to 7 ft (2.1 meters) from wing-tip to wing-tip, Golden rays are also more rosaically known as cow nose rays. They have long, pointed pectoral fins that separate into two lobes in front of their high-domed heads and give them a cow-like appearance. Despite having poisonous stingers they are known to be shy and non-threatening when in large schools. The population in the Gulf of Mexico migrates, in schools of as many as 10,000, clockwise from western Florida to the Yucatan.

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments: